Thursday 24 March 2011

How to Blog Successfully in Two Separate Space-time Continuities

829esn0kbz2aq

This kiwi represents the splitting in half of Pithy Postmodern Title. In time, each half will grow into a whole new kiwi. Probably.

Image © FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Since my last post, I’ve been thinking a lot, not just about the relative merits of search-engine-optimisation, but also about what this very blog is actually for, and how successfully it’s achieving the loose goals I’ve set for it.

It’s become clear to me that I’m trying to do two very different things in a single space, and it’s causing me to trip over my own feet. This is meant to be a blog that engages with the writing and literary community, and at the moment it just isn’t doing that. Not even close.

So, I’ve come to a decision – Pithy Postmodern Title is to be hacked mercilessly in two. This blog, which you will notice has already been renamed Pithy Postmodern Writing, will continue to be updated regularly with writing advice, links, suggestions, resources, intellectual exercises, and the like.

I’ll be making more of an effort to get eyes on the page, through more representative post titles, more concise writing, and tangibly useful information for writers within every post.

All of the the other guff – the amusing rants, nonsensical humour, whimsical poetry, etc – will be spun out into a new blog called Pithy Postmodern Soapbox. This blog will stay true to the principle of giving search-engine-optimisation the finger, and trying to grow an audience organically, simply by being unique.

I’m quite excited about it, because I think there’s real scope for it to forge its own identity and do some really interesting things. Stay tuned.

The new blog can be found at www.pithysoapbox.blogspot.org

It’s looking slightly empty at the moment, but that will soon change. Why not follow them both, for a double-dose of Jamie in your face?

Are you a blog? Have you ever been hacked mercilessly in two? [Insert pointless, unengaging question here]? Comment, e-mail, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio Blog Directory and Search engine Blog Directory Blog Directory BritBlog British Blogs Web Directory
britaine.co.uk
we are in
Britaine.co.uk
united kingdom